"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Saturday, October 8, 2011

what's in a name?

In late July, I had the privilege of giving a new arrival to our home his English name. This is considered a commitment--that I pray for this child daily to be adopted, get the surgery he needs, be showered with love here, and the list goes on. 

Before I met him, I had a list of names going in my head. I wanted to get a good look at him before making the final decision. Well, one look at him and I knew!

I introduce you to precious LUKE:







Because of my time commitment to the preschool, I didn't get to see Luke very often, but I would "check in" regularly with him. He was born with a cleft palate, hence the reason he has his mouth open all the time or his tongue sticking out! He has since had surgery to correct it. 

Luke is so so so sweet. He is easy going and curious. When he is hungry: watch out! He will scream until his food is given to him :) He likes to be down on the floor exploring the environment around him, but outside, he likes to be held. Luke has the most kissable cheeks and is truly a sweetheart. 

Luke, what a privilege it was to give you that name. I pray for your everyday. I pray that you will grow up to be a strong man, full of character, with a heart for the Lord. I love you, little man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment