"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Sunday, October 9, 2011

{Sunday Snapshot} I can do it!

We all know that I loved the big swing in the backyard. It was my favorite spot to hang out with the kids. One day, GanLu and I caught ourselves with two little guys that have a very "I can do it!" attitude :)

First, we have Jace. Heart of gold Jace. Jace has a very serious heart condition, so I would often take him on the swing so he could lay his head in my lap and calm his body, while having fun! This started a little tradition where Jace would teach me Chinese! "I can teach you, teacher" is what he would say. So we would swing back and forth and he would teach me Chinese words (usually parts of the body, so he could point to what he was talking about). He was a very good teacher--correcting my pronunciation and then telling me "Good Job!" when I got it right.



Second, is Mr. Elliott. I love this little boy! He is so funny. He is very determined, yet LOVES for people to hold him and do everything for him. It was a very interesting combo :) On this particular day, Elliott really found his independence when he decided that he could push the big swing back and forth! As you can see, he was very proud of himself!





What did we do after swinging? Well, Elliott sniffed some flowers...


Jace showed us his muscles by throwing some rocks...


and then headed off with GanLu and Claire to eat lunch! 


Jace and Elliott, I hope you never lose these "Can-do" attitudes! I miss you everyday... Hugs and Kisses to you both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment