"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Monday, October 3, 2011

choo choo!

Trains coming through :) Here is sweet Mr. K! He is about to be adopted to the most p.r.e.c.i.o.u.s. family and will be so well loved by them. He loves to play with anything in the preschool, but on this particular day, he was really into trains. Every time he added another engine on he would say "Teacher, look!"





This leads me to my hospital experience.... Basically, we were on a field trip and playing in this cute little playroom with a wooden slide. The child I was watching kept going up the slide, after I repeatedly told her no. I pulled her aside to talk to her, at which point, Mr. K-man tried to go up the slide and slipped an fell. It made a very loud sound and I, thinking he had hit his head, picked him up immediately. 

Upon doing this, I saw quite a bit of blood and realized he had completely busted open his chin! It was AWFUL. He was understandably upset, so our nurse put some bandages on it and sent me and the foster home manager off to the hospital for stitches. 

Well, what a trip that was! K had calmed down because this chick does not go anywhere with children without lots of snacks and candy in her purse :) The hospital send us down a million hallways, up countless elevators, we signed a million forms; only for the doctor to tell us he doesn't do "stitches on kids" UGH!

We find a taxi in the pouring rain and hop in the car. K starts crying that his belly hurts and he is going to throw up (not my thing). Instead, he fell asleep so I carried him into the children's hospital. We registered again, went on a hunt for the correct floor/room and pushed through a ton of people to get the help we needed. We found a doctor that said he could take us in 20 minutes. Okay, fine--so all was well, he got his stitches, done. He was so brave and well-behaved!

Then we call the bus who had everyone else and they say they will come get us. We wait for a while, they call back and say the driver won't come get us. Whatever, I am over it. We call a relative of the manager, 30 min. later he comes to pick us up. I played with K for a while, gave him some candy and then he fell asleep. We can go home now right? WRONG! 

The car is making funny noises, so we have to pull off at this very interesting car-maintenance place, get out and wait for the oil to be changed. I have a sleeping child in my lap on the side of a road... Finally, we load back in the car and drive home. We get to the village and have to wake up K to tell us where his foster parents' house is :) ha! At last, we drop him off and head home. Total hours of "Operation get K stitches": SIX. 6. S.I.X. 

Now, I didn't get to hang out with K much, so I was more than happy to be with just him for the afternoon. We really bonded since it was his own personal nanny --he is sweet, cuddly, courageous, and fun to be with :) I love him so much!!!!! 





I love you silly boy! I am so thankful for the time that we spent together, despite the circumstances. I can't wait to see you with your forever family. Know that they already love you so much! 

1 comment:

  1. Yes we DO already love him so much! And I also love this sweet detailed day with him! And I also love that God allowed you to the be the one to stay with him! And I also love that he loves trains so much! It's a good thing, because his little bro Kev' is a FANATIC!
    This made my DAY, Catherine...I needed this pick me up today!
    BLESSINGS!!!!!!
    And if you are coming through B'ham...come see us! :)

    ReplyDelete